Wednesday 11 June 2014

Summer in Sweden, winter Down Under...

As I see the beautiful summer photos posted on Fb and Instagram a little piece of longing stirs. June is a time for students to graduate, summer holiday plans in the making, national celebration day and midsummer before the population go on their summer vacation.

Here I have noticed this with a few bracelets that have been ordered and sent off to Sweden as graduation presents. It really makes me happy, to be able to make something very Swedish in Australia to send to Sweden.

Here is a photo of the last lot of orders that have been sent off...not all to Sweden though :)

The double heart is not purple as it looks a bit like here in the photo, but more of a jeans colour with a tinge of purple to it.

I so wish that I could be in Sweden right now, seeing how it has come alive with flowers, greenery, happy people as they know that soon they are off on a vacation and they can enjoy the beautiful summer days Sweden can offer... if it is a good summer that is.

The winter here is though very gorgeous, a little chilly in the mornings but it usually has cleared up and with the sun out, the days here are just lovely too. Yesterday a top of 18C, pretty good for a winter day I think..and what better to do when you are chilly....TEA .mmmmmm


The next 2 photos represent me. One is of our beautiful flag and the Swedish Sami bracelets that I have made for the Swedish National Day. 
I believe that All Swedes in Sweden should celebrate the Swedish National Day as it represents everyone in Sweden, whether you have been born there or immigrated. It should not have anything to do with politics, religion etc. Swedes (everyone) should be proud of their heritage, their chance of living in such a beautiful country and we should still be able to do this as well as to welcome those who have chosen to make Sweden their home.. And to stop an outrage of people commenting on how the flag now represent a few right winged warped people and anyone waving the Swedish flag or celebrating the national Day must belong to that group, I have added my Fb profile pic with the sign Vi gilla Olika (We Like Difference) as I am 100% supportive on a multicultural society with everyone living together under humanitarian terms. No one is better and no one is worst
I could probably go on and on here, but it scares me of the conflicts in Sweden and other parts of Europe I hear of and read.

So here is the pic I posted on Fb for the national celebration day...



No comments:

Post a Comment