Tuesday 21 May 2013

Nordic Festival

What a lovely weekend it was up at Warburton for the Nordic Festival.

I have to say that if the festival could be anywhere in Australia Warburton would still be my choice as the backdrop of the mountains, the greenery and all the autumn colours as well as the river and the gorgeous town (let's not forget the Nordic climate) all make for a fantastic and magical weekend. It truly did feel as if some part of my home longing back to Sweden has been filled. Maybe also watching the Eurovision from my home country and then Sweden winning GOLD in the world championship in ice hockey also helped to fill the little empty longing spot in me.

Here are some lovely pictures of the weekend, and of course I have to include my children, well 3 out of 4 anyway.




My true Viking children


My lovely sister from Nord Living




It was interesting to see to what sold well at the market for me. I think the most popular colours seemed to black (as per usual) but also the plum suede, dark red and dark blue for the girls and the vintage brown for the guys. 
plum 3 and 4 wave

brown 3 wave and a vintage brown 4 wave


red Stockholm design



Although, for the little girls it was still pink and purple that were the go. I will never forget the little girl around 6 who asked what they cost. I replied '60-80' to which she asked 'cents?' Oh bless her!

The styles most popular were definitely the more traditional designs, but in particular the Stockholm design, which I have 4 orders of to do this week.


And out of the silver pearls it was the willow design;

Now the sun is out, so maybe after school pickup the side porch will make a beautiful spot to continue my orders from the festival... add some Swedish music on spotify a cup of my Swedish teablend and I will be in heaven...



No comments:

Post a Comment